Leading Forward: Greater Downtown gets a Glow-Up
February 15, 2023
You might have noticed Downtown Red Deer is looking better than ever; a big part of the change is in thanks to The City of Red Deer’s Leading Forward economic incentive program.
Back in 2019, City Council approved funding to incentivize commercial and residential improvement projects focused around Red Deer’s Greater Downtown area.
As part of the vision for Red Deer to have a strong dynamic economy, fostered by entrepreneurship and innovation with a revitalized downtown, the program included funding available for façade and storefront improvements, new residential and mixed-use projects, demolition of vacant and derelict properties (city wide), environmental site assessments and utility connections.
From February 2020 to May 2022, four rounds of application intakes resulted in several successful projects contributing to the goal of a revitalized Downtown for the community to enjoy. Check out these before and after photos from some of the successful rebate and grant recipients!
- 4506 – 47a Ave | New Residential and Mixed-Use Development Grant
- 4831 – 55 St | Demolition of Vacant and Derelict Properties Rebate
- 5205, 5207, 5909 – 50 Ave | Façade and Storefront Improvement/CPTED Rebate
- #107 4815 – 50 Ave | Façade and Storefront Improvement Rebate
- 4419 – 48 Ave | New Residential and Mixed-Use Development Grant
- 5311 – 50 Ave | Façade and Storefront Improvement Rebate
Another intake of the Economic Incentives program is open for developers and property owners in the Downtown. Apply by March 1 for funding on façade/storefront and CPTED improvements, or for grants towards new residential and mixed use development.
For more information on the Leading Forward Economic Incentive program, visit https://www.reddeer.ca/business/planning/working-projects/leading-forward-economic-incentives/.